Economics Graduate School Workshop (Thursday, February 9, 4:30-6pm -- Kellogg Global Hub 1410), featuring Professor Silvia Vannutelli
- Are you considering a PhD in economics? WIE will be holding a workshop with Professor Silvia Vannutelli to discuss how and why to pursue a graduate degree, along with admissions advice, guidance on predoctoral fellowships, and sample test questions!
How to Get Involved in Undergraduate Research (Thursday, January 26, 5-6pm -- Kresge 2325), featuring Diamond Jones from the Office of Undergraduate Research
- Come discuss ways to get involved with research on campus!
Alumni Speaker Event: Emily Engel (Thursday, January 12, 6-7pm -- Kellogg Global Hub 1410)
- Emily Engel '04 majored in Economics, Mathematics, and Mathematical Methods in the Social Sciences. She has been working at the Chicago Federal Reserve since 2004 and recently published a children's book on the life and career of Janet Yellen, Janet Yellen: Challenge Accepted. Come join us to ask her questions and hear about her experiences, career trajectory, and current work.
- Read a recap of this event here!
Finals Study Social (Thursday, December 1, 6-7pm -- Kresge 2435)
- A casual space for members to hang out, study for their Economics finals, and collaborate on practice materials. Boba will be provided.
Midterm Study Social #2 (Thursday, November 17, 6-7pm -- Kresge 2329)
- Come study together to make midterms more bearable! Free snacks included.
Economics Student Social (Thursday, October 17, 7-8pm -- Lakefill Firepit)
- Get to know other economics students as we kick off the new school year. This is a joint event with UES, NET, and FLO.
Midterm Study Social #1 (Thursday, October 13, 6-7pm -- Kellogg Global Hub 1410)
- WIE members will check in on how courses are going, discuss study habits, and host a Q&A session to prepare students for midterm season. Food will be included.