To plan your course load and academic experience, use our course catalog and class descriptions.
GRADUATE Course catalog
Read brief descriptions of each graduate course. Not all courses listed here will be offered every quarter.
ANNUAL & QUARTERLY Class ScheduleS
Access available courses for a given quarter or academic year. Instructors, class locations and times will also be listed here.
COURSE REGISTRATION INFORMATION
Students must adhere to TGS's General Registration Policies. Per TGS, students are not permitted to add classes or change sections past the quarter’s deadline except in case of unusual and extraordinary circumstances via the Late Registration Petition.
- Continuous Registration: TGS policy is that Students must register continuously in every Fall, Winter and Spring Quarter. In addition, students receiving University funding must be registered in the Summer Quarter.
- Full-Time Registration: Full time registration is a minimum of 3 units per quarter.
- First Year Students: register for 3 units of credit (ECON 410-X, 411-X and 480-X)
- Second and Third Year Students:
- Register for field courses and ECON 501 (in Fall and Spring Quarters of Third Year)
- Optional registration in seminar series in Fall and Spring Quarters
- If you need to enroll in an additional 2 or 3 units to get to fulltime status (3 units), please register for TGS 500. That is to say, you are permitted to enroll in TGS 500 plus one additional course. NOTE: TGS 500 is listed as ZERO credits, but guarantees fulltime status.
- If you need to enroll in one additional credit to maintain fulltime status (3 units), please register for one credit of ECON 590 (departmental research).
- You should NOT enroll in more than one credit of ECON 590.
- Please email the Graduate Program Manager if you have any trouble registering for TGS 500 or ECON 590.
- Fourth Year Students & Beyond:
- If you are funded with a teaching assistantship, research assistantship or fellowship, you should register for TGS 500. TGS 500 is an advanced, full-time registration for students who have begun work on their dissertation.
- You only need to register for TGS 500 once per quarter. Please do not enter multiple TGS 500 registrations in one quarter.
- You may add, if necessary, one additional course with TGS 500. Please email the Graduate Program Manager if you have trouble registering for TGS 500; in many cases TGS will need to override you into the course per the Graduate Program Manager's request.
- If you are unfunded and not registered for program coursework or any other TGS registration, but continuing in the program, you should register for TGS 512. This registration is considered a continuous registration for those who are unfunded, but still working on their dissertation. The registration fee is $100/quarter. But there are limitations to the benefits you receive.
Back to top