Feed Your Mind Lunch Series
The Department of Economics hosts a quarterly "Feed Your Mind" Lunch Series aimed to bring students and professors together outside the classroom. The lunches give students the opportunity to learn about economics research in a small group format.
- We look forward to hosting more events this fall; please check back for upcoming events.
- Professor Lori Beaman (Development Economics) in partnership with the Global Poverty Research Lab, January 16, 2020
- Professor Beaman discussed her research which is currently in the field in India. The research team is seeking to understand whether soft skills training will improve young women’s ability to transition from school to the labor market. Professor Beaman shared that it was a great experience – and she ended up meeting a student who she subsequently hired for summer research work!
- Professor Mar Reguant, "Real-Time Pricing in the Spanish Electricity Market," November 22, 2019
- Professor Reguant very much enjoyed sharing her research about electricity demand with students, hoping to spark their interest in the important challenges we are facing in energy markets. A student who attended the lunch will work with Professor Reguant this summer on a research project.