Why Study Economics?
We are thrilled that you are interested in studying economics. Wherever your starting point, you are here to learn and expand on your aptitudes and we welcome you to our community that includes around 1,000 economics students. Read more about why you should study economics, including:
- Learn more about the field of economics as a whole.
- Explore the different career paths available for economics majors.
- Hear from our students about why they chose to study economics.
- Get to know the Northwestern economics community.
- Check out our faculty media recommendations.
EXPLORE OUR UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAM
The Department of Economics offers a major, combined MA/BA, minor, and opportunities for interdisciplinary study with other Northwestern programs. Explore these options:
- Economics major
- Economics minor
- Economics combined BA/MA program
- Interdisciplinary options complementing economics